Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Visit from the Grandparents... Pt. 1

My grandparents are here from Ohio!!  I'm so glad family has finally been able to visit me since I've moved away from home.  They arrived Sunday evening and will be here until tomorrow morning.  Yesterday was a great day, the weather was perfect (76 and sunny! huzzah!) and it was a blast being able to show them around our little peninsula.  We drove all the way up north and took the ferry over to Washington Island and checked out the Coast Guard station and ate ice cream before heading back down and grabbing a late lunch at this adorable Swedish restaurant.

 Driving on to the ferry!  I was nervous I would be sick (horrible motion-sickness here....) but I was fine.  On the ride to the island we stayed in the car, not realizing we could get out when it was moving.  But on the way back we got out and went up top and it was so relaxing.  The ride takes about 20 minutes and it was so nice being able to breath in the fresh lake air.


 I couldn't believe how beautiful the water was.  It was so clear and sparkly!  You could see right to the bottom.  This picture doesn't do it justice!



 The Washington Island Coast Guard station.  Mike doesn't work here full time, only when they need him.  Normally he is just down in Sturgeon Bay.


 Aren't these painted rocks adorable?


 This picture just made me giggle.  No trespassing as Mike is screwing up the combination and shaking the door furiously to get it open. :)

I didn't want to swamp ya'll with a ton of pictures so I'll be posting them over a few days.  Tomorrow I'll show you the cute little Swedish restaurant.  They had some adorable decorations that I had a blast taking pictures of!  Today the family and I are going down to Green Bay so they can see Lambeau Field.  Hope you are all having a great week!

9 comments:

  1. Love it, The picture of Mikes hands made me laugh even before I read the description , I thought someone was picking the lock. Getting out of the car on the ferry is my favorite part, going to the upper deck and enjoying the breeze. glad to hear you didnt stay in on the way back too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, yay for visiting grandparents! Sounds like you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! So nice to be by the water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! It's so nice to take ferries to islands, isn't it? It feels like you are going on an adventure. (Though, I know some people around the coast take ferries every day as part of their commute, so I doubt it really feels like adventure to them.) Anyway, the water looks beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to see the Swedish restaurant. The closest to Swedish food I've ever had is pickled herring...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't is oddly awesome to have your grandparents visit and stay with you? It's like you've finally become a grownup. I love seeing people's towns in blogs. Yours is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like such a wonderful trip! I love looking at clear waters, especially when there are fish in them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are gorgeous. I absolutely adore the painted rocks!!!!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That looks awesome. I have only been on a ferry once, and it was way too cold to stand out and enjoy it!

    xoxo
    Kem

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...