Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Mini Surprise




Yep!  Mike and I went and applied for our marriage license yesterday.  It was super exciting and a little nerve-wracking at the same time.  Even though we aren't having a ceremony I am still getting nervous about the big day (four days from now!!).  For some reason this part had me the most nervous, I don't know why!  Maybe a fear of suddenly not being able to find our birth certificates or sudden inability to remember my father's middle name.  Nerves!  Ack!  But it's done and over with and now we just have to go pick it up Monday morning before heading to the courthouse. (Cue big cheesy grin)


I also finally decided to try out the tutorial I read about awhile ago on The Dainty Squid.  It was super easy and fun and I love the way it turned out, even on my little stub nails.  All I needed was some scotch tape and a little patience. Can't wait to try it again with a different color combination.  What do you think?  If you haven't done something like this before you should definitely go over to Kaylah's blog and check it out. She has amazing instructions and great pictures.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How exciting! :)

    PS - your nails look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool and so official! do they allow photographers at courthouses? you dont see a lot of wedding photos from there, but it would be really cool. I dont know how my office would feel if I showed up in nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, that's seriously awesome!!

    And this is kind of funny. I saw that tutorial too so today I decided to try SOMETHING out (my hands are not very skilled with painting anything, much less tiny nails) so I was going to do simple side by side colors...and failed MISERABLY. So kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhhh! Congratulations! Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! The nails are cute, I'm going to go check out the tutorial now n_n

    -Kaili
    kaw-studios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so exciting! Worrying about forgetting your dad's middle name can't be as embarrassing as realizing that neither of you has $22 to pay for the marriage license and having to go across the street to the detention center to use the ATM. lol

    I love your nails and I'm so excited for you two.

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw, how wonderful! :) Congrats

    and those nails- very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...