Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Honeymoon Plans

Ah, such a quiet morning....  The past two days have been so amazingly wonderful, I was dreading Mike returning to work this morning.  But for now I am trying to take advantage of the silence to get back in to my routine and get a few things done.  

Thank you so much for all of the congratulations!  You all have no idea how happy it made me to read the comments. :)  Mike and I had a great wedding day and although it was quiet and simple it was absolutely amazing.  After the short ceremony we came back home with our witnesses and great friends (Nanc' and Tom, love you two!) and grilled burgers with pasta salad and watermelon.  It was laid back and low key and just the way I wanted it.

Mike and I will be going on our honeymoon early September!  We finally decided on Chicago and I am so excited to explore the city!  My only plans so far are pizza, zoo and aquarium.  I don't think I will EVER grow out of my love for animals and when I move someplace new I always look to see what kind of establishments are in the area.






(All pictures acquired through Pinterest)

Just a few of the animals I am PUMPED to see!  Any of you been to Chicago and have any other suggestions on places to visit?  I've barely done any research so I'm sure once I start I will find some ideas -- but I would love to hear for you all first!  Let me know if there is something I can't possibly miss.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday! (I can't believe this week his half over already!)

6 comments:

  1. Awww, love the animal pics! And congrats again!

    I live in Chicago and could supply you with an endless list of places to visit, but it's such a huge city and quite spread out, so it depends how much time you have and where you're staying. The Shedd is an amazing aquarium and you'll love it. Definitely make sure you check out the Art Institute too. And if you like shopping, head to Wicker Park for sure.

    xo,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...big tiger. What great animal photos. It makes me want to swim with polar bear.

    So glad you had such a wonderful wedding day and celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those animals are gorgeous! I've never been to Chicago...but I bet you'll have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love the zoo and Shedds! Perfect plan. I want to go to the Atlanta aquarium sooo bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best man from my wedding, literally just posted a pic from the top of the sears building on his Facebook wall as he is visiting there right now. I would to there, as the view looks amazing, never been myself. Glad the hitching went off without a hitch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! i live in milwaukee, so chicago is a nice quick daytrip away. shedd sounds perfect for you. we also eat at the chicago diner, too. so good :) have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...