Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Strawberries and Swedish Delights

Well, the grandparents are heading back to Ohio and Mike has two more days of being off work.  It was a great visit and we had a wonderful time.  It was so nice to finally be able to show some family members where I am living and what Mike does for the Coast Guard.  I am looking forward to relaxing these two days before Mike gets back in to his normal schedule.  Here are the pictures from Washington Island and the Swedish Restaurant!  I'll have even more tomorrow of our trip to Green Bay. :)

 A little burger drive-in on Washington Island.  It was small and adorable but busy!

 We were getting lunch once we were off the island but that doesn't mean we couldn't have a snack!

 I got the Tropical Delight milkshake.  Strawberries, pineapple and banana... it was sooo good!  Not too sweet and nice and thick... the perfect milkshake.

 The Swedish restaurant!  The roof of the place is covered in grass and normally there are GOATS on the roof!  Yes... I said goats!  Unfortunately, once we got there for lunch they had already taken the goats down because of the heat.  I was so disappointed that I wasn't able to get any pictures for you guys!  I promise next time I am up north I will get a shot even if we aren't eating lunch here!




 French Toast!  Might not be Swedish but it was delicious. :)



I loved they decorations they had all over the place.  My favorite were these funny trolls! They were tucked in to quiet places around the restaurant... I had a good time finding them and stealing their pictures.  This one is my favorite!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog today : ) You've got me thinking milkshakes now with that photo and thinking how long it has been since I have had one?

    I hope you had a great week and thanks for sharing the photos, makes me want to take a trip and do all those daytripper things : )

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the coolest restaurant ever. And that milkshake looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That milkshake and french toast made me DROOL! It looks like you had a blast! And that's nuts they let the goats on the roof! I've never heard of that! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your pictures!! That milkshake looks so refreshing and delicious. I wish it was on my desk right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't believe the roof is grass, and with goats to boot! How cool! The french toast looks wonderful. :)

    Love, C

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Swedish place looks awesome! I wish I could see the goats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goats on the roof! That's awesome. Teehee :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the trolls...your blog really makes me want to visit your area, it looks so beautiful to this prairie girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That restaurant looks so cute. And I would want to try one of each of the Special Shakes from the drive-in. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a unique place! That shake looks so tasty. And goats on the roof...awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goats on the roof--I love it! I love finding places like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That restaurant looks like fun! How cool with the goats as well :) And that milkshake looks absolutely delicious, seems like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goats on the roof! I'd love to see a photo of that sometime. So cool, but I can't help but ask why?

    Haha, I love the trolls! :)

    -Kaili
    kaw-studios.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...