So.... as I'm sure you all know I have been talking about coloring my hair a crazy bright color for some time. Yesterday I finally took the plunge and did it! But.... there were a few hitches along the way. Maybe some of you who have experience with this process know what I did wrong or why I had so many road blocks....
- I bleached my hair before anything else. My hair felt fine, not squishy or over-processed or anything.
- Mixed Manic Panic Atomic Turquoise with conditioner... 75-25 percent ratio.
- Applied to hair
**As you can see in the third photo my roots sucked it up perfectly, yet my strands it seemed to just sit on the hair. This was the huge problem we encountered. Why would this happen? Too much conditioner in the dye mix? Shouldn't have conditioned after bleaching? Dyehards... please help!**
- Rinsed and realized my hair looked crazy. I know I should have taken a photo of this stage but it was impossible. :P My roots were a gorgeous turquoise and the rest was uh..... greenish with some turquoise streaks through it.
- Panicked and covered it with a blue/purple color
- Hair still seemed to not soak up the color in some places, blue streaks with a faded purple undertone.
- Here we are!
I think the color is pretty but it is obviously not what I really wanted. I am hoping one of you can tell me what I did wrong! If not, in a few weeks when this has faded I'm going to ignore conditioner completely and use strictly Atomic Turquoise by it's own.
Regardless, the bluish purple is nice so I'm trying to be optimistic!