Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Dreams

I woke up this morning unable to think about anything other than plants.  Flowers, ferns and especially moss.  At first I thought about digging out my sketch book and working on a few things, getting these images out of my brain and down onto a piece of paper.  I also pondered the idea of planting a few things but had no idea where to start.  I have never grown anything in my life and figuring out where to begin was immediately intimidating.

And then it occurred to me, why not start a terrarium?  Of course I immediately bolted to Etsy to check out some of the beautiful ones you can purchase there.  Would I buy, or just use some of them for inspiration?  I'm still not sure which path I will take but here are a few that are super beautiful.







 

 




I'm really leaning towards buying my first and then once I see how it goes I might build my own!  I love the idea of having a little eco system resting on my counter.  There is something so magical and whimsical about them.

Have you had any experience with terrariums?  What sort of beginner plants do you suggest to attempt growing inside and outside the house?

6 comments:

  1. lovely! i love terrarium although i don't have any experience about it. well, does posting about it on my blog count?

    dita

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I have a terrarium (from Etsy) and I love it. It's so easy to take care of, and brightens up my windowsill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had a terrarium, but after seeing these pictures I want one :) The pics you chose are beautiful! #2 is my fav!

    Your newest follower,
    -Laurie

    createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about getting a terrarium, too. I don't think I want to buy all of the supplies, so I'll probably just make a purchase at some point. You found some really pretty ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep! I've decided to purchase before build. Will update once I decide!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all very pretty and different from each other! Thanks for including my little Marimo pet in here Cas.

    Cheers!
    Wendi
    wendiland.etsy.com
    wedesignflora.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...